Scorer 18.17 update notes
This release 14/5/19
Scorer 188.8.131.52 update
- Change to Swiss Pairs had broken upload of single event results. Fixed here.
- If Multiple events are run with Swiss Pairs then the events had be added to the common database
IN THE SAME ORDER EACH TIME.
This has been fixed and events may be added to the common database in any order.
This release 8/5/19
Scorer 18.17 update –
Significant changes and notes
Fix problem with 2 sections in Multiple Teams not loading names.
Fix problem with 2 sections in Multiple Teams not producing distinct result sheets - (new system report).
Change Yes/No button when updating NZB player list and added Yes/No button to exit option. The old Yes/No button created a focus problem where the main ribbon bar was always on top.
Trifecta matches: If a draw is done for an odd number of teams, then the teams are to be specified at the bottom of the draw screen before doing the main draw. The tables T1, T2 and T3 are labeled now in the grid. Seat the teams at T1, T2 and T3; put the boardsets out in order at T1, T2 and T3 HAVE THE PLAYERS MOVE THE BOARDSETS DOWN 1 TABLE WHEN THE PLAYERS MOVE UP 1 TABLE BEFORE THE FIRST HALF MATCH. HAVE THE PLAYERS MOVE THE BOARDSETS DOWN 1 TABLE WHEN THE PLAYERS MOVE UP 1 TABLE BEFORE THE SECOND HALF MATCH.
For match sheets for the trifecta teams, there is a report under Teams called "Trifecta_teams_Match_Sheets"; Trifecta match sheets are (18.16) printed with other results but in a slightly different format.
- Rankings for teams in ODD rounds of teams with a trifecta will be shown with the trifecta teams missing, so with 19 teams the odd rounds will show 16 results with ranking out of 16 and event rounds will show ranking out of 19.
When running Teams, the printout in Team/Pair order is now the default.
View Teams and Print All Teams options now work on reports so are correct for trifecta matches as well as standard head-to-head matches. New report added.
David Stephen's timer has been added as an option.
To use this please enter "DSTimer-web" in the fax field of Scorer Options --> Club Details tab to run this from the web:
This timer can run locally and does NOT need any internet connection - use "DSTimer-local" in the fax field.
If no entry is in the fax field, then the BridgeNZ timer will be used from the web.
BTF Teams Pairs ladder fixed
- Facility is available to convert old custom moves to new custom moves.
To do this:
- Create a separate event with 1 session
- Note the eventid
- Add a single section with the old custom move
- Go to New Custom Movement
- Click on "Clone Old Movements"
- Type in the eventid
- A new movement is created with the name "New move from old"
- Use the spanner tool to edit the event and change the name and any other details required
- An error as been corrected in the movement cards for new custom movements where NS Goto values were not always correct.
- Update to MasterPoint file for IP Trials. User should set up the event with IPT in the NZB ID field in the event setup. Scorer will identify this and set the header for the MasterPoint file appropriately.
Backup and Restore
The SBackup programme has had a number of features added.
There is now the ability to change the default path. Most systems are set to use a mapped drive S: to enable easy use of Scorer on multiple computers if required. The restore is not usually done to the mapped drive; thus to enable ease of restore the user can make a global change to the Path before restoring.
- Team Pair IMPS are not calculated by default on the press of the Results button, but are recalculated is Print Round Sheets is used from the Enter Scores screen.
- Team Match sheets for trifecta matches are a slightly different format to the main field, but are now sufficient for the players to confirm scores are correct. This will be corrected eventually.
- Trifecta match sheets will not show correctly on the web until work is done on that side, but again all results and rankings on the web have been corrected.